--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Verdi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's seems to me what your not saying in this statement is that it's
> somehow better to have a theme-based vlog, ie they "thrive" while
> personal vlog will be "reserved."  I think the whole point about
> videoblogging is that none of that matters.  It's totally besides the
> point.

You are very correct in saying this is all besides the point.

Note, I did not start the topic.  I did however decide to share my
PERSONAL OPINION (sorry, can't underline) as to why a theme-based vlog
rose to the top of the VlogMap-FeedBurner stats in their first week of
being listed.

Which type of site is better? I don't care- it is obviously up to each
viewer to decide.

What do I prefer to watch?  Content that I can relate to, content that
educates me and/or content that shows me something different than that
in my life.

What type of site is most likely to gain more readers (aka be more
"popular")?  In my opinion, that would be themed content because a a
particular subject will relate to more people than an individual.

Don't get me wrong, I see the value in personal videos and truly
believe in the historical documentation and enjoyment it will provide
to our offspring.  I wish there were videos of my grandparents when
they were young, but would others care to watch my grandparents?
Probably not - they'd want to see their own.

Sorry if this is harsh, but I already subscribe to too many vlogs
whose subject is the life of an American white male.  I just do not
have the time to keep up with each person's life anymore, and there
are 3-10 vloggers added to VlogMap each day.

My point is that I began looking for vlogs that were based on subjects
that I enjoy and found very few (if any).  That makes me frustrated.

Oh well, I guess it is back to my TV if I want themed content.

Again, just my opinion.  Flame on...

-Matt
http://www.leanbackvids.com/
http://www.vlogmap.org/