Hello,

I tried in Sweden 2 years ago for a dance project :

http://www.sys-org.net/residence.php?P=xB8aquYjhVhqws3y&codec=3GP

the cell phone company wanted to control everything, and get the money out of every single compressed pixel.

So I gave up. but if someone now a cell-phone company that would allow this, please send me a mms. :)

Bertrand

2005/12/3, Enric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Quicktime can export to 3GP format.
> > Trouble is, the North American mobile market is ridiculous.
> > I've got five phones. Four different providers. Four different
modes of doing business,
> > providing access to content. Four different annoyances.
> > Simply *getting* at video is a chore. RSS? That's crazy talk! ;-)
>
> Eric sums it up well.
> thats why i laugh when people say that video will be big on cell phones.
> i dont see it happening unless US cell phones companies quit trying to
> be the mafia and control everything.
> thye want to charge for all data trafic up and down.
>
> In the US, does anyone do anything on their phone other than talk on it.
> I send a SMS message maybe once every six months.
> again, read Eric's summation below to the relaity of video on US
cell phones.
> (is it any different elsewhere?)
>
> jay
>
> _______________

One possibility I envision is open API mobile devices that works on
VOIP for cities that have ubiquitous WiFi.

  -- Enric
  http://www.cirne.com
  Determine the Media

> > Like the one phone that I can navigate to Rocketboom's mobile
edition on, WILL NOT let
> > me download. I have to manually add the video via sync. Others,
like the godforsaken
> > Verizon, requires about 432,345 clicks to get to a place where you
can ALMOST access the
> > web. Others capture video, but won't e-mail, some (ironically,
like Verizon), DO let you
> > capture video and e-mail it. But you can't go to Rocketboom
easily. Depends. LOTS of
> > depends.
> >
> > The closest thing we have to RSS reality on mobile things, are the
Really Expensive Phone/
> > PDA hybrids or portable-connected devices like the Sony PSP.
FeederReader works on
> > Windows Pocket PC, and it's an RSS dealie (Greg Smith can talk
more about that); Sony just
> > added a podcast client to the PSP. We are getting closer, but
that's like saying, I'm getting

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM