On Dec 6, 2005, at 11:52 PM, Paul Knight wrote:

> I am seriously thinking of coming to the NY meet the vloggers thingy
>> in April, which means a 7 hour flight and hoping that my camera
>> battery can be charged over there, don't worry I know which kind of
>> adaptor I will need etc, but I was wondering, how much cheap
>> accomodation would be over there and how I would find it

Cheap hotel run USD 150, sometimes you can find a USD125 accommodation
if you look hard. First check the usual places (i.e., travelocity and
expedia), if I have time I'll dig up a few budget-oriented places and
post them for you'll who are coming to town.

>> I also have
>> the trip from JFK to new york to worry about

If you want to economise, there are buses. I don't know the exact
figure but it's relatively inexpensive. Lots of folks travel to/from
the int'l airports (JFK and EWR) on the cheap and survive it.

>> and then where I will
>> stay, I also have trouble driving in big cities, so cabs and or buses
>> or trains has got to be the only option, due to me only being able to
>> drive on the left hand side of the road.  So any ideas.

There is absolutely no reason to rent a car, put that thought out of
your mind. Public transport will get you around just fine.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM