Hi Paul,

>Pal has a frames per second rate of 25 where as ntsc has 29.7, which
>in real terms means you get slightly better video reproduction on
>ntsc

While I'd ordinarily jump in and correct you here, you say you were a
TV tech, so you should probably correct yourself. :-)

While NTSC has a higher frame rate, PAL has a higher scan line count
and more accurate colour reproduction, so it is just plain wrong to
say that "you get slightly better video reproducion on NTSC".

Considering cinematic film runs at 24 frames per second, the 25 of
PAL is not an issue, and I'd suggest if anything, that the colour and
resolution make NTSC the slightly inferior format of the two for
quality of "video reproduction".

I leave it to you to clarify this for us in more detail.

Having experienced a lot of both PAL and NTSC, I know which I
definitely prefer to watch. Hint: It isn't Never The Same Colour.

Regards,
  Richard

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/lBLqlB/TM