I know I must be off my nut to respond to a general comment like that,
but here goes...

The comparison I was doing was they are about the same size and have
similar abilities.  I wasn't getting into a my cam is better than your
cam.

Both are rather point and shoot; easy to carry and if desired can be
put into auto mode for casual use.

Neither is on the level of the DVX100B.

But thanks for the comment, it made me go look up the details on the
HC20 (nice cam).  I used http://www.camcorderinfo.com/ratings.php as
suggested earlier in this thread to see details about several cams.