> Would I be splitting hairs if I asked about what the difference is between
> targeting
> vloggers and targeting people want to publish shit?

as a videolbogger, i want to be in control of how i present my videos
to the world.
this is why i have my own blog.
i add the context around the video, allow comments, make it linkable,
enable a feed for distribution, and keep my archives intact.

for me, Youtube is for people who would normally just email their videos around.
they dont seem to really care where it goes.
as long as its up there on a page.
(at least they are making media)

But i believe that if someone posted videos on youtube regularly...and
started to develop of style and stream of content...they will probably
want to bring all their video together on their place.
as i upload all my family videos into youtube, i will probably start
getting sick of the ad watermark on my personal life...and the ads
placed around my family's memories.

This is why blogging education is important:
with a blog, you control your content.
many myspace/youtube users may get frustrated with the closed
limitations of the services.
(let alone the way they are continually being marketed to)

Jay

--
Adventures in Videoblogging
<http://www.momentshowing.net>