For my test page http://www.beginningwithi.com/vlog/test.html I have now tried twice to upload my video to Ourmedia. Here was the result last time around (from an email conversation with Pete P):

Okay, tried again, and this time it's looking more promising. I see on the screen:

"Congratulations! This file has been sent to Ourmedia and the Internet Archive for free hosting and storage. Please be patient -- it should appear soon at this media page: http://www.ourmedia.org/node/ "

When I go to that page, though, although I know it's too early for my video to show up, what I seem to be looking at is an Ourmedia blog, last updated Feb 9th. This isn't very reassuring that my video is going to the right place. ??

Umm, but, wait a minute... I only clicked "preview". So why did I get that "file has been sent" message?

So when I clicked Submit instead, I got a blank page, and there's no sign that my video has actually been received. Nor is there any error message to let me know what, if anything, went wrong.

Is it still true that I also need to register at IA? Probably I did that many moons ago when I first registered on Ourmedia, but I don't remember whether I did, and I have no way of knowing except to go back and try to figure out what username-password combo I might have used back then. And I thought that limitation was supposed to be fixed long ago?

In the interests of fairness I'd love to get a clip hosted by Ourmedia onto that page, but for the moment I stand defeated in my attempts.

--
best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

www.beginningwithi.com (personal)