Interesting thread.

Something that drives me crazy about this group is that there is some serious confusion about what is and is not spam.

When someone posts about a vlog they are proud of, some people tend to think that it is spam. I actually apologized for spamming the group when I posted a piece that I was proud of (thanks for the feedback for all of you that viewed and reviewed it). I think that is a problem.

I found nothing seriously distatasteful about the VLOGGERS UNITE thread from Jason, the original poster, and in his mea culpa, he brought up some issues that are important to me. Namely the fact that RSS is some kind of tool to get exposure. It is not a tool for exposure. It is simple distribution; it is shipping, more or less.

I notice that most of the people who responded with angst in this thread have pretty good name recognition within this community. I am not attacking anyone, but I think that those of you who are established Vloggers don't really see the problems for getting exposure for a new Vlog. You all created this, and have deep (or not so deep) relationships with the other members of the community. People go to your Vlogs to learn. Your vlogs show up at the top of mefeedia, and have huge interconnected distribution channels because of that.

There are now almost 7000 feeds at mefeedia. When I started Vlogging in December '05 there were 3000. How many were there when you started Vlogging?

Exposure for vlogs is a problem, and it gets bigger everyday. Those problems are compounded when, in a group about video blogging, asking for people to check out your vlog is spam.

As far as the VLOGGERS UNITE thread, I don't have a problem with it, and don't see it as spam, any more than I see this entire list as spam. I like this group, and have learned tons from it, but there is very little of what I got that I actually ask for. I appreciate the 'spam' on this list. It is some of the finest spam on the internet.

I am not going to join that group, but I don't mind deleting one more of my 230  videoblogging messages in my inbox.

I don't know what to do about the exposure problem, so this is kind of a meta piece, with probably little to no value, but I felt as if I should chime in and speak my mind.

Oh yea, we just signed the paperwork for our new dog training studio, boutique and art gallery.
<snark>I will be posting video soon, and if it is good enough I will 'spam' the group with the info, mainly in the hopes that local vlogging hero Josh Leo will watch it and come out and vlog about it. Then maybe all of you will get a chance to see our new place. </snark>

Got to run. Time for a new coat of paint and to hang some sweet signage.

Later,

Ron Watson

Pawsitive Vybe Canines
12 E Bridge St Suite G