Hello,

Currently, I don't think there is one defacto standard video format.  There's a whole set of formats that are currently being used:
  • MPEG
  • WMV
  • QuickTime (.mov)
  • M4V (iPod)
  • MP4 (MPEG4)
  • FLV (Flash Video)
  • RM (Real Media)
  • Xivd
  • Ogg Theora
Most vlogs I go to regularly support around 4 of these formats.

Everyone seems to be trying to support as much as possible to get the widest possible audience.

Honestly, I think it's early enough in the game where we can influence and perhaps even determine which format will become the defacto standard.

As soon as you get enough browsers/players reading it, and get enough free (and maybe non-free) vlog hosting providers producing it, it will become the defacto standard.

See ya