I tend to be of the opinion that HD is just a little bit of overkill
for a video blog. Mostly because it's very very unlikely that you
would ever post full resolution HD footage on the internet--at least
anytime soon. Given the additional resources needed for a HD
workflow with the end result being just 320x240 highly compressed
seems like a waste to me. HD is more than just an investment in a
camera. Your editing system, hardware and software needs to be up to
snuff to handle it as you'll use more hard drive space and
processing power in handling HD.

But that's just my opinion.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS