On 12 Apr 2006, at 13:43, Pete Prodoehl wrote:

> Nerissa (TheVideoQueen) wrote:
>> If you link to videos that I host and pay for bandwidth then you
>> are stealing bandwidth.
>
> One of the problems is see is that some folks have the above opinion,
> that others are stealing their bandwidth. If this is so, is the
> correct
> solution that people should copy your video to their server and
> provide
> the bandwidth for it? That would upset the other half of the folks,
> the
> ones who get upset when someone copies their video to their own server
> and would prefer they just link to their video, so they can track
> it and
> see the stats...
>
> So what's the solution that will satisfy both groups?

Ask the creator of the video/blog what they would prefer?

I honestly think a lot of these problems arise through lack of
communication,
as seems to have been demonstrated by the whole Veoh thread - once they
showed that they would comply with people's wishes regarding their
content,
opinion shifted significantly towards the positive. This may prove an
object-
lesson in how to conduct such matters: ask first.

Christian