Perhaps we're mad at Kevin because he got a free ride on the "willing
suspension of disbelief" ?

I'm not mad at Kevin.  I'm not the blog police.  I'm not really mad at myself either...for believing it.
I don't like being tricked in this manner, but it is the reality.

sull

On 4/25/06, Deirdre Straughan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/25/06, Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bottom line for me is... I dont dig it.  I feel like.... shitty about the
> whole thing.  That I actually gave a shit about someone I didnt even
> know.... wasted emotions and wasted time.  Art making aside.... fuck that.

Interesting, given that we pay for entertainment precisely to have our
emotions manipulated - whether we like to be scared or cry
sentimentally, we go to movies for that. I guess the difference is
that, with Hollywood, we know up front that it's fake.

--
best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

www.beginningwithi.com (personal)