I guess what I'm trying to say is that there must be a better way to stop a Tiered Internet (than having governments regulate it).

That is a total false dichotomy. That was the intent, the main idea, of that Astroturf propaganda.

If we start the conversation with those choices it is a gimme for the communications cartel.

This piece was a classic right wing narrative: meddling big government standing in the way of private innovation.

All of us on this list know the reality: power hungry communications cartel seeks to control the internet through controlling the flow of information.

It is a statement of the power of that narrative that you chose that false dichotomy to start your note. That video played on your fears and made the  issue about government regulation instead of private power.

That, guys, is how Conservatives win elections.

Ron