I was in a coffee shop the other day waiting to film the tree lighting
downtown and a news crew was there talking to people about the cities
wireless internet plan. he asked me if they could interview me, and I said
yes. He noticed that I had some experience in terms of knowing about the
lavaliere mic. etc... but when I told him that I have a video blog and that
was why i was downtown he responded "so you got videos on youtube" ...to
which I responded with "no they are on my own site..." he was one of these
guys who only waited for his turn to talk instead of listening (bad quality
for a journalist) so he came back to me later and said something to the
effect of "yeah you know with youtube a person can just make a video, have
it get really popular and then get picked up by a big network or something,
it is amazing..." I tried to explain to him the difference between viral
video on yourube to the "show" i have online but he still wasnt getting
it... I really dislike network news people....but yeah, youtube is all
everyone knows so getting people to understand real video blogs on people's
sites instead of youtube "vlogs" is an obstacle

but the difference between the ipod and zune is that the ipod actually is
better... youtube is just more popular

--
Josh Leo

www.JoshLeo.com