I'm curious as to how you believe that these things will pull out a win
against an opponent whose primary weapon is the echo chamber, guaranteeing
that, for every assertion you make, there will be an army of people on
every media outlet imaginable all saying the exact same contradiction to
whatever Edwards/Clinton/Whoever says.  Kerry often dug his own grave in
2004, but it's also very true that he was smothered out in the media--
every one of his merits became sidelined, niggled, and confused; every one
of his blunders instantly became a gaping flaw (think about the "flip
flopper" label he earned).

The grassroots is great for taking Congress, but not a Presidency.  I
still remember in 2004 as I marched in the streets for Kerry (even though
I didn't really like him) and found that our assembled grassroots power
paled in comparison to the regimented and well-funded power the Bush 2004
campaign had.  We had our signs, chants, hope, and energy.  They had their
signs, chants, hope, and energy...and several "party wagon" vehicles...and
a DJ...and threw major parties that got young people registered and hyped
up for Bush...and...and...

My sincere belief is that 2008 will be a battle of insiders.  Anyone who
is overly grassroots is going to find themself in a fourth and long.

--
Rhett.
http://www.weatherlight.com/freetime