Thanks for the quality reply :)

I see where you are coming from, and persoanlly feel that this is a
pretty good balance you've struck. Especially as people opt-in to use
you in the first place, and get a chance to opt-out of various partner
offerings which may stretch things beyond what they are comfortable with.

If I have one remaining concern worth mentioning in relation to all
this, its the bit in the relevent part of your terms that, in regard
to your partners, says "or for any other non-commercial use of that
content." Potentially a lot of your partners dont seem on the face of
it to fall into the 'non-commercial' category, and so this may be a
weakness in the wording of your terms?

Anyway, your overall credibility and ethics are probably more vital to
making this acceptable to users in practice, rendering any small
quibbles about the legal side of the wording of your t&c less relevant
in reality. But I find it important to know how much protection
creators are getting via specific legal terms, beforetaking into
account the character of those providing the service. eg an evil
service could use exactly the same terms&conditions as you, but could
stretch things a lot further. Still as you and others have suggested,
upsetting lots of people, causing a backlash and damaging own
reputation is probably as large or even larger risk factor that may
sway companies towards being ethical, than the legal copyright etc
details.

Wow I seem to have spend most of my time from 8PM till 3AM tonight on
this stuff, ugh I think I am some sort of sick obsessive little moneky
nerd! :D Quite why Ive probably spent more time on this stuff in the
last few years than some content creators or service proviers have,
escapes me!

Cheers and goodnight all,

Steve Elbows