This could be a great relationship.

They need exposure and we need protection.

It's a great opportunity.

I can't believe that you heavy hitters have not totally hooked up
with them (like I hope we do because of this situation).

A cool public service campaign drawing attention to CC licensing and
basic media netiquette would be huge, and this community could pull
it off.

CC needs exposure and ubiquity and we need protection. It's a match
made in heaven.

I am well aware of my CC licensing, and it's shortcomings (Our BIG
project for 2007, a discdog training series, will probably not be
CC...), but I really rely on the protection from exploitation, the
likes of MyHeavy, so much. I would never post video without that
protection. Someone talked about feeling degraded,at a basic level,
by My Heavy because their work was feeding consumerism; I couldn't
agree more.

I think a collaborative effort to define and publicize CC licensing
between this community and the CC folk could really give the whole
Open Source movement a serious megaphone; one that could rival the
Corporate Media and the Closed Net Movement.

Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com
http://pawsitivevybe.com/vlog