--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Meiser"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is the value ads that must be opt in. I.E. if myheavy or magnify
> want to put ads on your content that should be opt in.
>
> Peace,
>
> -Mike
> mefeedia.com
> mmeiser.com/blog

+1.  If the TTL of the options we select when posting video is only
one level of abstraction, it's completely useless.

If someone opts out of advertising on blip and then myheavy aggregates
that video and then puts full-screen ads on it, there are two major
problems there.  First of all, the idea that the person wanted their
videos to be shown without advertisement is completely shot.  Second,
if myheavy advertises on something that blip is hosting that a content
creator posted then myheavy needs to kick back advertising dinero to
blip who needs to kick it to the content creator, ASSUMING that that
creator opted-in to advertising in the first place.

Actually, there's a third problem, which is that blip users can only
opt-in to advertising options on blip's site.  Even if myheavy
trickles down monies received from advertisers, those aren't the same
advertisers that are a part of blip's "blip blend" or their other
options.  So, even if money's coming back down the line, that doesn't
mean that someone that did a video about sexual harassment of females
in the street wants "myheavy's angels" models surrounding that video.

Same thing with licensing.  As soon as the video achieves the level of
abstraction where they no longer include the license, people viewing
it on that level will assume that it's not licensed at all and do
whatever they want with the video... leading again to "whack a mole",
but on a much tougher to detect scale.

--
Bill C.
http://reelsolid.blip.tv