There are separate issues here.

1) is the CC license - and yes people want attribution. It's a fairly
common human trait and in itself does not stifle creativity. And of
course, all of this creativity comes from "somewhere" - it is my big
picture belief that from way out there it all belongs to all of us. We
are the messengers.

2) is the practical aspect of who benefits and how. The people are
tired of seeing large concentrations of cash be controlled and
circulated among a few. The hosting companies, the aggregators, the
producers, we're all working long hours 7 days a week. But some are
getting paid (and are aiming for the big LBO) while others are not.
It's a new millennium. Why not use some of this creativity to craft
new relationships that are not at the expense of a certain group of
people?

Mechanically speaking, this is easier done when people in fact feel
empowered, not victimized, and one of the ways people get power
(individually and collectively) is by having open discussions and
pulling back the veil on how things work.

aloha,
rox

--
Roxanne Darling