I don't see how we're asking for expansive rights by not allowing
corporations to take our work in its entirety, display it and profit
from it with no attribution or direct linkage. I don't see how
seeking permission and or compensation for usage of our work is
somehow a giant leap.

There's some kind of disconnect.

Cheers,

Ron