interesting. The included adaptor has 2 bands....maybe I can find a mono
adapter and see if that works.

the included 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adaptor cable:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/129/394257604_63f4841808.jpg

and short video of me talking with the plug pulled out a little:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v252405ZxWjZ6RJ

-halcyon