Yeah it's a good point.

But also consider that the advertising deals Ask A Ninja has dealt
with to this point have all paid us only for US views.  They don't
really care about the numbers internationally.

I'm sure some clever tech person will develop a system that will
dynamically insert the right video ad based on guessed locale of the
audience member, but we're a little ways a way from that.

The Lisa Nova thing is a nice landmark in terms of how to break
through and get a role in Hollywood.  Lisa is the first person to not
have any real acting credits and then get hired to do a big league
Hollywood gig.  (The Lonely Island guys gradually grew and then SNL
got them).

It's Hollywood's version of being bought by Google.  And I'm sure it
will happen more and more.

Ask A Ninja is a little too big to be bought now, not saying that it
will never happen, but the money Hollywood has offered is no where
near what we can make on Advertising/Merch.

-K

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> audience is in the USA.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve Elbows
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" <steve@> wrote:
> >
> > Im not keeping track deliberately but off the top of my head:
> >
> > KarmaBanque got a deal with Al Jazeera English to make some videos for
> > broadcast on TV.
> >
> > Clive James who is an Australian famous in Britain for many years in
> > the mainstream media, now does stuff online, though I dont know if his
> > videos would meet the definition of videoblogging.
> >
> > Years ago a famous UK TV presenter called Keith Chegwin, fairly down
> > on his luck, broadcast himself live via streaming net video for many
> > hours every day. I believe he was infamously naked once.
> >
> > A famous UK soap star had to leave the program after it was revealed
> > that he had been exposing himself on a web cam he had in his dressing
> > room, maybe that doesnt count :D
> >
> > Here in the UK im finding it pretty hard to tell if there are really
> > many web celebrities here. If I go to the uk itunes podcast directory
> > then its dominated by BBC & other mainstream media people. Im probably
> > forgetting some really obvious example but no UK web celeb is
> > springing to mind right now. In the UK the web has been used to launch
> > some very sucessful (so far) musical careers, but I cant think what
> > 'personalities' its brought into our mainstream yet. Fameseekers here
> > are currently stil more likely to try their luck in Big Brother
> > auditions! Our famous homegrown youtuber is that great really old
> > bloke, he has got some media attention but didnt even allow interviews
> > until recently, he was the only person who'd ever filmed himself, so
> > he isnt a crossover so far.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Steve Elbows
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, groups-yahoo-com@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Very cool.
> > >
> > > Is anyone keeping track of vloggers and podcasters crossing over to
> > > broadcast radio or TV?
> > >
> > > I'm going to start a "before they were famous" or "cross-overs"
guide
> > > on mefeedia.
> > >
> > > So far I just have Brookers, and LisaNova but I'm trying to think of
> > any others.
> > >
> > > Dawn and Drew?
> > >
> > > Madge Winestien?
> > >
> > > I'd like to put Ask A Ninja on that list one day.
> > >
> > > Aha, the Lonely Island Guys who are now on Saturday Night Live.
> > >
> > > Anyone else?
> > >
> > > Oh, and Amanda Cogdon
> > >

> > > What about reverse-crossover?
> > >
> > > Maybe we can come up with a list of mainstream personalities
that have
> > > now crossed over into podcasting.  I know NPR has a bunch. The most
> > > recent one that comes to mind are the Cartalk guys, and there's the
> > > Jim Lehrer podcast, but I need something more substantial then just
> > > NPR personalities much as i love them
> > >
> > > Oh! Heh! The digg guys!  I forgot about them. Leo Laporte too...
Maybe