Yeah, and this weekend I listened to an extremely intelligent, well-
respected man telling me that man-made global warming was a myth,
presumably just because he wanted to provoke a response / have an
iconoclastic opinion.   I didn't rise to that, either.

These aren't really provocative - they're shallow subjective personal
opinions based on limited experiences, masquerading as broad
statements of fact.

I always assume that the majority of regular people think I'm weird
(or worse) for putting videos online, because I think they probably do.

Define 'failure' as stated by David Scott Lexis, when he says 'video
blogs have been a failure'.  What have they failed at?

So they're not as popular or accessible as American Idol (even here,
we're infected) but then neither is [fill in blank].  I guess [fill
in blank] has been a failure, too.  That's a really interesting
viewpoint, David - thanks for your input.

 From all the scores of people that I know or have talked to about my
videoblog in Real Life over the past 2 years, there are only 2 who
have blogs and maybe 3 others who ever read blogs.

I forward on links to vlogs to my friends and family whenever I think
they'd be interested in a particular video - but not one has ever
wanted to have a vlog or blog themselves or to continue to watch or
read by themselves.

The overwhelming majority of people you talk to in the UK think that
blogs are confessional public diaries for narcissists (not that
they've ever read one, if you ask).  By this measure, 'blogs have
been a failure'

As for that other guy "Erick"s definition of entertainment... yawn.
Some people make them.  Some people watch them.  Some people enjoy
them.  Some people do good and interesting things and reach audiences
that they couldn't have reached before.  What possible relevance has
someone's subjective viewpoint of 'boring' or 'failure' got to do
with this?  My wife Kate is enjoying the new American Idol.  I'd
rather drill out my own teeth than sit through it.  So what?

I don't really know why I'm replying to this, because I don't think
these opinions are worth getting bothered about.  I'm just putting
off work.  Now that *is* boring.  Maybe I'll just watch a few videos
before I start.

Rupert
http://www.fatgirlinohio.org
http://www.crowdabout.us/fatgirlinohio/myshow/