Hey Nick,

I think this came up before on this list... and the answer was that
this could be done with SMIL... but one could also do something like
that, but more limited, with QuickTime.  Although, with QuickTime you
would have to make the whole screen (displaying the video) clickable.
(You could NOT make just a a portion of it clickable.)

Hope that helps.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.