Aaron & Steve - you bring up some good points. I do think options for people
are important and I do like the ability to look through an archive but the
price is that you loose all the other benefits of a blog - permalinks,
comments, context, choice of video size and formats. That player is really
built on the idea that your blip.tv blog is your blog. So it only shows and
links back to your blog posts on blip. Comments? They have to go on the blip
blog (as long as the viewer know to click through to the blip blog to leave
a comment). Plus you have to have the blip hot shows menu. That thing pulls
in stuff completely out of context that you have no control over. Of course
you do have control in that you certainly don't have to use the show player
at all. I just think the blog part of videoblogging is important and
desirable and I feel a little sad when people are so excited about dropping
it.

- Verdi

--
http://michaelverdi.com