Offering both makes a lot of sense to me. I dream of this stuff being
pushed to the extreme and for it to be possible for a blog like
experience to be completely available from within a flash player.
Complexities quickly arise when the people providing the player are
hosting your videos, but are not responsible for the rest of your
blog, it leads to an understandable focus on the video hosting page
rather than your blog page. This may not be considered a probem
because the expectation may be that you embed their player in your
site, and your site provides all the other bloggy stuff you want. But
 this doesnt cover scenarios where our show player may be embedded on
another site or used as a widget.

I see the guide button is optional, and its easy to rebrand the player
so that its got your own site in the bottom right hand corner, which
is a clickable link pointing to the URL of your choice.

Id love to see the creative commons stuff thats been requested in the
past, be rolled out into this show player in the future, whether it be
through a little cc icon on the bottom bar of the player, or the
inclusion of this info in the popup 'about this episode' tab.

I agree about the font size, hmm this stuff starts to get a bit
tricky, a big decision to break away from the player being 320x240. I
see that Veoh's player is rather large now, but this makes it look
quite good and leaves more room for additional info overlays to be
displayed in a larger font. Some other services have really wide
players with separate episode bars to one side of the video.

Personally Im fascinated by the idea of a flash player for wordpress
that can display the entire blog, text video etc, in the flash player.
I was looking at WPF/E but I think I'll ignore that technology for
now, and go buymyself a copy of flash and join the fun.

Cheers

Steve Elbows