Id agree with that. There are clearly circumstances where doing is
important. And for example, as a non-vlogger, if I spent my time
ridiculing the efforts of everyone who 'does', telling people that
there stuff isnt a vlog, saying its all rubbish or hatever, then I
would be on very thin ice (but then so would a vlogger saying the same
stuff I guess, but it may be a little easier to take from a fellow
vlogger)

It would also be far too easy for me, with a well paid day job, to sit
around moaning about vloggers selling out, which wouldnt be fair
because I have the luxury of not needing to associate earning with
vlogging.

Likewise its easy for me to criticise this wikipedia situation because
Im not one of the people who've spent so much time and energy making
edits, only to find them removed by Pat. Claerly frustration has been
building for a long time and its all come out in a concentrated blast
of emotion and the desire to end the situation. So Im not siding with
Pat, I just assume that some of his edits have merit, and I always get
a sickly feeling when the mob takes effect here.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Leo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that a person doesn't have to be a vlogger to have an
interest int
> he topic, of course it may lend more insight into the issue. and
c'mon, Pat
> did videoblog, and quite well at that. He helped a lot at Vloggercon
and is
> no less of a vlogger than myself...
>
> There is, however something to be said for the "doers" vs the
"sayers" in
> other areas... for example, someone who says "coffee farmers need to get
> paid fair wages" but then chooses to not drink fair trade coffee...
"sayers"
> must make sure that their actions don't make them
hypocritical...much like