From: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Rupert
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 12:34 PM
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] My new video obsession....

I started watching earlier today, but got interrupted.  Happy Birthday!

It's like the iSight was built for you, Schlomo.  Very few people
could make films as entertaining as that with their MBPs.  I bet no
one else's MBP iSight videos will get shown at Pixelodeon next year.

And it feels different somehow that it's on Facebook... sorry - "the
Facebook".  Nicer forum for it than just a mass video sharing site or
a blog.  (that reminds me - I saw on Viddler they're giving away
iPhones to people who make 30 second MeToday videos this month.)

What you say makes total sense to me - the immediacy and satisfaction
of it.  It's been low maintenance creative fun for me to snap stuff,
cut it occasionally in the phone and just send it off.   You only
have to worry about what's in front of the camera - you haven't got
half your brain in the future, thinking about downloading,
compressing, uploading, posting, etc and whether what you're shooting
is worth the effort down the line.  So it just frees you to just Do
Stuff.  The little creative muscles need flexing as well as the big
ones.

Not that mine would be as fun as yours, but I'd love to be able to do
it. God DAMN, i wish i could afford a Macbook Pro (the phone i use
was a free upgrade btw, and the phone plan is pretty average - all
data goes via regular wifi).  I am in webcam hell with this
Powerbook.  The other night i had to use my big old XL1 DV camera as
a webcam for the flashmeeting - and then it ran out of battery.  And
I'd left the power cord somewhere.

Anybody have a Powerbook with a webcam that actually works well?
With iChat, etc?  Care to let me know what it is??

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv/
http://feeds.feedburner.com/twittervlog/