Guys,

When I dump a tape to Premiere, it sometimes stops in the middle of the
capture process and says "capture stopped because blank tape was
detected".  I've become used to this as a minor glitch that occurs once in
a blue moon.  Lately, though, it's been happening a lot.  It seems to crop
up once every two minutes of footage.  The footage itself is there, and if
I back up to the beginning of the scene and capture again, everything's
fine.  This is becoming an annoyance, though, and I'm afraid it might be a
sign of impending equipment failure, which is something I can't afford.
The camera itself is only about a year old, and it hasn't seen heavy,
regular use until about last March when Greentime began.

Does anyone have any experience with this error?  Is there something I
need to do to help fix this?  I tried my head cleaner on my camera, but to
no avail.

--
Rhett.
http://www.weatherlight.com/freetime