correct, frank.

these services ARE valuable though.

it always comes back to the old point some of us have been making forever...
which is to look at these video hosting "destination" sites as a way to
leverage the audiences that traffic them.  when we talked about  "why use
youtube" the point that always rings true is this.... to tap into the mass
viewer base.... but with emphasis on bringing those viewers back to your own
site if they enjoy your content and want to subscribe to you/your
channel(s).  the best way to do this is to definately put out content no
matter what the tos are but have your content also hosted on either your own
host or with services that respect creative commons and/or just have much
better terms for you.  as a content producer/distributor, you should
strategically spread your media, so long as you put care in not soley
depending on the youtubes.  ideally, uploading teasers/previews or your own
commercials promoting your "shows".... or just personal video messages that
involve you in those communities.... and as people get to know you, they
will follow you.. wherever your home on the net is.

also, if you are making a show, it can help to upload to many services in
the beginning.  if you get popular, then you wont have to do that as much or
at all anymore.  that's when you can start having more control.  give and
take.  play it out.

for those not interested in promoting shows etc... if you just have
something to say and dont care about tos... you just want to get your
messages out... then thats another reason why these uploader/tracking
services are valuable and time-savers.

depends on what you want to achieve through your videos.  for some, these
services make total sense.

however, at any point, these services could be killed off unless proper
business relations are made.  the youtubes can easily prevent remote/cross
uploads and access to tracking data if they feel it is hurting their bottom
line or breaking terms of service.  typically, an API sets the limits of
what can and cannot be done with a service's platform, even if this is not
enforced at this time.

sull