Contrary to how or what I have said before (ie... spend your money at
small businesses). In traveling situations it is a good idea to use
things you can buy EVERYWHERE (or just about) Radio Shack for example
is in even the smallest towns. Truck Stops are YOUR FRIEND. Want to
have inexpensive lights? Take a stroll in a Truck Stop's big rig
accessory section. Most everything is 12VDC or 24VDC. Trust me, would
I lie to you?

Wheels Wheels Wheels!!!

Didn't see anything in your video to give me a clue to what you are
hitting the road in. Assuming it is a van (even a mini or SUV) there
should be a way to pack this or similar Handtruck.
<http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37520>
I added two additional wheels in the center of the axle. Two reasons
(maybe three) stability, redundancy, and it looks cool. To separate
these two inside wheels I cut a piece of copper pipe (It don't rust).
It works great to haul stuff (saves your back) and as a impromptu
dolly. You need to decide if you want to use a foam fill or carry a
patch kit, or spare tire, and a air pump. When using it as a dolly
(One person stands another push/pulls) you will want to let a little
air out to make a smoother move. There are folding Hand Trucks. If you
go with a cheap one, buy from a company you will be sure to pass often
(lowe's etc) and return it the moment it even starts to look shaky. Or
splurge and go with something like this
<http://traveloasis.com/karhds.html>

Charging and electricity.
A inverter is a major help. You can pick up cheap ones that plug into
a cigarette lighter or get a heavy duty (8amp or better) that will
require some electrical work or a pair of jumper cables.
<http://tinyurl.com/yufg4s> Harbour Frieght is this example. Grainger
or even Lowe's might be worth a look. Pawn Shops occasionally have
inverters. Radio Shack is of course on the list.

A spaceblanket... not just for survival ... it makes a great reflector.

A CB radio. Seriously. If you have the time to hunt there are some
handheld two ways or buy new. Grabbed this from PriceGrabber
<http://tinyurl.com/3y3zfm>

A etching tool. Mark every piece of gear.

Waterproof dufflebags. More a luxury item, but it sure takes the worry
out of life. Better solution is cases. Pelican
<http://www.pelican.com/>  makes nice stuff. Think stacking on that
dolly. Think stacking everything!!!

Really small cooler (never transport beer or liquor, especially across
state lines, not joking, if you are stopped it could get you in deeper
doo doo). Fill it the night before or the morning of with just enough
to make the day. On the passenger side floor is good easy access/footrest.

Strapping it all down.
My one eye friend Tom recommends Ratchet Straps. He don't like bungie
cords ... Eye wander why.

AAA or some other trip/safety service, but you should have a road
emergency kit. Up to you, but if you plan to visit the entire 48
contiguous states you will either plan to have it all or modify it as
you make your way across zones. Snow, water, heat yada yada yada.

Which brings me to clothing.... Tough to do what I am about to
suggest, maybe. No more then 10 days of change in clothing.
Packing smart is not easy, you will get better as the days get behind
you. Pack clothes in days and split them in to at least two bags for
each of you (four total). Roll your stuff, it packs better/tighter.
Use some kind of color codeing if everything is the same (black
waterproof bags/cases). Or tags. And put your name/phone # on as much
or as little as you want. Buy Polar Fleece (new or second hand)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_fleece> and similar (NEW)
synthetic undergarments. EASY TO CLEAN AND DRIES FAST! (WARNING---
This stuff does melt when exposed to flame or intense heat).
Your days are layers. Bundle up in Fall and winter, strip layer Spring
Summer. One rain suit/wind breaker (NOT BLACK unless you have
reflective strips) I am a NorthFace guy...
<http://www.thenorthface.com/> (get direct from them or shop at REI
<http://www.rei.com/> Duffle bags, clothing, everything. You are
essentially camping out for a year, even if you are guests or stay in
the occasional hotel) Last word on packing. Almost everything will
have a way to tuck things in with it. Spare shoes hold spare socks.
Sleeping Bag rolls up around foam mat. It is a puzzle. You'll start to
see ways to pack that distributes not only the contents but weight/size.

Shoes that are comfortable and a second pair. Socks that wick moisture
and wool socks.

All this can be stowed in places you seldom look anyway, under seats.
Behind that plastc cover in the back. Out of easy reach in the truck
for some things. Two gallons of water minimum! (rotate or replenish
evry couple of weeks if you are storing the water in a plastic
container). Shovel (old Army Folding shovel is good)
MRE's <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRE> at least enough to survive
for 10 days. Serious here again. I spent years as a roadie, plenty of
couches, but sometimes .... you are stuck in a remote place. Water
purification kit, first aid kit, a leatherman multi tool, a spring
loaded hole punch on your key chain(s) a ID on your key chains (first
name and phone number (reward if found) SPARE KEYS HIDDEN EVERYWHERE!
Wooden Matches in a waterproof container (or a flint).

The ideal for all the stuff that is back up and emergency is on the
roof in a water proof enclosure.

Not bragging ... you can pack a lot in a little. It may take some
trial and error. Personally I would try to stay in a hotel at least
once a month. Pick a hotel that provides the kind of soaps, shampoo
and other junk that you need. Some chains have a laundry. If you can
plan a week ahead, and in contact with locals, there is free food in
every big town every night. I live near a resort city. I lived on free
buffets for two summers and a winter.

Wow I just rambled on and did not get to equipment. Gotta go but will
add more if I see something that might help and no one else recommends.