>  > The "Journal" format is becoming less and less useful.
>
>  Why?

good question.
David Kessler might be able to jump in since we've been talking about
it offlist.

The blog started as a diary format for text.
But what if I dont see my video work as a linear narrative where old
posts gets buried under August 2006.
The fact that i made a video in August 2006 is irrelevant to how I
really feel about it.

Categories might be a better way to see some video projects.
so how can I format my front page based on highlighting different categories?

again, lets look at http://colombiamigrationproject.net/ (which s html
since peter couldnt easilydo this with a blog)
maria projects is not times based but based on geography.
she did videos in Colombia and NYC...and wants to play them off each other.
much different from the journal/diary format.

The same is true for our videoblog: http://ryanishungry.com
This is why I got excited about the "related video" plugin that Charles built.
When we do a video about Composting, I want all our compost videos to
show up....not be buried in the archive just because they are "older".

As a visual creator, I want to arrange my blog visually and non-linearly.
I think right now, WP, and blogger, and Tumblr all follow the "one
post after another" format that works so well for text blogs.

Jay

--
http://jaydedman.com
917 371 6790