David, you can rest assured that people would have to stay on the lumiere
site for over 3 hours before your video would be played. There is a clear
link to the blogpost where the video came from right below it (same way
iTunes handles videos). I have received no complaints from anyone over the
videos being played on the site - I have however received positive
feedback from people who think it is a very nice touch. No one has ever
e-mailed me or Brittany with a request to remove a link from the site. Any
speculation on whether or not the link would be removed would be just
that, speculation. Please don't start making up issues that are not there.

Are you are outraged on your own behalf or on the behalf of unknown
strangers? Apart from the 3-4 very vocal people in this thread we have
received many positive comments from people who have created lumiere
videos. They have used the constraints to experiment with the way they
produce videos. The most common feedback has been that using the lumiere
rules have helped them see video in a new light and that they have helped
them break free of the practices they were trapped in (but didn't
realize). I will encourage anyone to experiment in such a way, either
using the lumiere rules or a different set of constraints. I am partial to
the lumiere rules because I think they are formulated in a way that makes
creating lumiere videos very easy.

I especially hope that Mike Moon who have created many memorable lumiere
videos (my favourite is this one from November:
http://mmmmmoon.blogspot.com/2007/11/lumiere-falling.html ) is able to see
that Brittany's and my intentions for maintaining the project does not
need to match with his intentions for creating the videos and that he'll
be creating more in the future. He and everyone else should get whatever
out of creating lumiere videos they want, each has their own reasons for
creating these small, reflective moments.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
http://www.solitude.dk/