Sometimes maybe but other times the regulations are there for very good
reasons, such as
public health. Would removing regulation of advertising benefit the honest?

Deregulation of the banking sector in recent decades plays a large part in the
financial
nightmare that has begun.

I would certainly agree that one function of regulation is to make certain
sectors
inaccessible to smaller players, ut it often puts some shackles on the
corporations too.
Many times the lobbying they engage in is designed to weaken the regulation (eg
food
labelling).

Corrupt and unfair it may be, but I still prefer the rule of law to a
free-for-all.

As for network scarcity, I dont find it easy to fully understand the realities.
If things were
more open, then the near monopolies of the telecoms companies could certainly
be
overcome. They will abuse their position, just like they did with traditional
telecoms over
the decades.  But its unclear whether smaller players could actually have built
the
necessary infrastructure for something like the internet. Indeed without
governments or
corporations, I am unsure how much of the IT revolution would have happened at
all.

Cheers

Steve Elbows