Nothing like a platform question to shake things up eh? ;)

I'm a multi-platformer - and until recently, have always had the PC as
my primary editing monster using Vegas.

I don't think you will have any problem at all converting from the FCP
family to Vegas - it just takes a little adjustment. I'm going through
the same just trying to find out where stuff is on FCPe.

Major advantage of Windows PC = hardware cheap and easy to upgrade and
replace (me = hardware nerd)

Major advantage of Mac based = stuff just plain works without
downloading x, patching y, and rebooting three times.

Wouldn't go Vista though... eventually 'made' me move the
Franken-puter aside for an iMac on my main desk.

my $.02

Jarod

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne Darling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> When I first read the subject, I thought this was a prank. Seriously. I
> would never go back to a PC. The operating system is a dinosaur,
they get
> worse with each upgrade not better. We have both in our office and
the PC
> has well-earned the reverse nick-name "Piece of Crap".
> Your G4 does not begin to show you what is possible now on a Mac. To
go to
> the full size 17-inch and get the newest versions of software will
IMO rock