How about sub $200? You can get Final Cut Express for $155 right now,
and it's pretty similar to Final Cut Pro, and can use almost all of the
plugins/filters that FCP can.

I spent last week evaluating about 30 free filters, so I've got a
editing suite way more powerful than iMovie and way cheaper than Final
Cut Pro... all for less than $200.

Pete