awesome work my friend. i too am in china but missed out on the whole
solar eclips... :(

as for bypassing any global filtering system, you should download TOR
from http://free.be.ijing2008.cn

more to come on my own trip here in china

On 4 Aug 2008, at 16:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Been in China since July 24, & blogging over various sites. Index of
> blogs here:
>
> http://www.caltechscience.com/08solareclipse/index.html
>
> Uaing hotels w/Internet access, friends computers. No Internet cafes
> used!
>
> Blip.tv is blocked from China (!), so no go there. Flickr & Kyte.tv
> are
> the 2 favorites of mine:
>
> http://www.kyte.tv/solareclipse2008
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/chimpanzee/collections/72157606352221774/
>
> because of bulk uploading capability
>
> Blogger works:
>
> http://08solareclipse.blogspot.com/
>
> BTW, Wordpress sites are blocked!
>
> Made a MONUMENTAL effort to find a suitable eclipse observation site
> (private & secluded to capture eclipse against nice scenic
> background),
> but had a little bad luck! Eclipse partially obscured by clouds. a few
> miles away in Yiwu, it was clear (ironically, my tour agency had
> mistakenly bought me a pass for this area). I went to Santanghu
> (Chinese
> military area) in the Inner Mongolian desert. Pics here:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/chimpanzee/sets/72157606500933717/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: