Thank God for Valdez's free time:
http://wreckandsalvage.com/pure-salvage/good-morning/

On 29-Oct-08, at 12:15 PM, valdezatron wrote:

I found all of his work be pretty refreshing. He's taking the
approach that can be found in
all disciplines of understanding the materials and exploring the
essence of the medium.
Obviously much of the work plays on the use embed feature. He takes
something created
for the purpose of sharing/distribution and manipulates it into
something unintended,
unexpected. I also like the play on perceived motion. I've seen this
done on Super 8 film by
Canadian filmmaker John Porter in the early 80's. As seen on this
list, someone can tell
you how this is done technically. It isn't exactly revolutionary yet
it requires an artist to
explore its possibilities.

One other thing, I've never understood the "too much free time"
statement. It's such an
ugly, judgmental thing to say. It makes no sense. Most people are
driven to make art or
videoblogs or play golf or whatever because they're driven by it not
because they don't
have anything to do. I've gotten this statement a few times in the
past so this isn't directed
directly to you David. Also it's something I only hear applied to
art. I'm trying to imagine
walking up to somebody playing with their kid in the park and saying
"You've got too
much free time on your hands."

Other artists I like in this area:
Oliver Laric http://oliverlaric.com/