Well, it all comes down to what people think something is worth to
them I guess. I cannot really tell Ron what his particular prices
should be because Im not a potential customer, I dont know what the
stuff is worth. I was meaning to say that when talking about the wider
theory of selling video online, the sorts of numbers Ron was using as
examples might not apply to too many niches, with big implications for
the profitability of such ideas, and thus perhaps an explanation for
the relative lack of enthusism compared to what Ron was hoping for
from this thread.

I know Apple have some developer videos that costs hundreds of
dollars, I dont know the runtime, I assume its many hours, and that
its price can be justified for some developers because the knowledge
it contains will help them make money.

It also occurs to me that yesterdays Apple keynote included details of
music tutorial videos that could be purchased, as part of Garageband
or something - I wasnt really paying attention to the detail at the
time, I forget how much they charge and dont know how long the videos
are, but I think the main selling point was that they featured known
musicians doing the training, and thus have the promise of a certain
level of professionalism and desirability. Plus as Apple are pushing
these things, they can sell bucketloads due to their promotional
powers, a subject I always rant about when thinking of indie video on
the net, promotion is one area the mass media and other corporations
still rule supreme.

Cheers

Steve Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Rambos Locker"