There are tremendous opportunities with this kind of stuff, Rambo.

> I'm already capturing video of events for Surf ski, outrigger paddling
> and stand up paddling and supplying footage or finished media to other
> web sites, but it's kind of specialized and I have participated in
> these
> events for over 20 years. If I had to video a dog show, I would not
> have
> a clue on what to do, so I don't see how a community effort would be
> advantageous.

Well, there is a lot more overlap than you'd think in shooting flying
dogs and shredding surfers.

Simple things like not zooming constantly, white balancing choosing
the best place to set up so the crowd is visible.

So, I do think there would be some possibilities there, but it might
not be for you.

You've got a schtick, a niche market.

I'd actually see you more as the community curator, farming out the
work to wet video people on the coasts, as opposed to shooting dog
stuff for me. I'd be more likely to shoot a paddling session on Lake
Michigan for you, and if you had a good track record of selling vids
online, I'd probably do it - I like paddling (lived on Oahu for a few
years - kind of majored in surfing and scuba), and it wouldn't be
that much of a big deal to go shoot some nice stuff then cut it and
upload it to your site.

Then you cut checks to me as the videos fly out of the server.

It would be a nice supplement to my personal economy.

All it would really take are the technical skills to get the job done
- good in low light? Shoot some band stuff at local bars to
supplement your wedding videography business.

Good at shooting high action sport? Shoot some dog video for my site.

Good at getting telling story? Shoot it all!

I'm with you Rambo. I think pay to play could be big in 2009.

peace,
Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com