Well the example you linked to had several different features, based on
different technology.

If you just want to play a normal video over the top of your page, that could
probably be achieved with a bit of wordpress template modification & an
understanding of html layers.

The 'person standing over the top of the website' stuff relies on a feature
that flash has had for a very long time - the ability to play videos with
transparent backgrounds. To do this you need to get several steps right. First
you have to make your source video so that it doesnt have a background,
typically by using green screen or other technique to remove the background,
then save the video in a format that supports alpha. Then you have to encode
that into .flv format with the right options ticked to preserve the alpha
channel. Then you need to play that video back on the web using a suitable
flash video player.

I do not know if there are 3rd party programs which support alpha-channel flv
video encoding, I tried some months ago and ended up having to use flash
itself, not a cheap option. But I may be missing something.

Cheers

Steve Elbows