Well, isn't this a "good thing"?

What's once fringe yet legitimately useful would naturally move
towards the center.

I remember writing my own RSS xml feed for media enclosures during the
advent of podcasting. Now folks don't even need to know what a
audio/video podcast is to start one. Same dilemma of us driving cars,
but not understanding every part that goes into making it. It's all
blackboxed now.

Even though I only discovered this mailing list late into the game, I
see this group as having more signal than noise. That filter is
priceless.

Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist
http://theory.isthereason.com