On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Renat Zarbailov <innom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the low-light capability of this camcorder is good, coming out in
April,
> it will change the way we look at professional equipment.

http://www.macvideo.tv/camera-technology/features/index.cfm?articleId=109356

Verdi sent me this note:

If you read the JVC tech stuff (it's buried in there) you find that it
> records MPEG2 Long GOP at up to 35Mbps (this is basically HDV at a
> higher bit rate) and then sticks it in a .mov wrapper. So it sounds
> cool but if it's anything like editing the HDV from my Canon, it's
> possible but not very enjoyable. Editing HDV is so frustrating that it
> makes me happy to transcode to an intermediate format.

So it remains to be seen how easily you can edit these clips in FCP. I'd
like to see it in action under normal circumstances..

jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com