Yes, you can capture video from tape to the hard drive via the
computer.   But you can't connect the camera directly to the hard drive.
Or if you have a tapeless camera, you can store its files on the hard
drive, via the computer.
But if you can afford you probably want to get a bigger drive than
120GB - that sounds a lot, but with video (particularly HD) it will
fill up quite quickly.  I see on Amazon.com a Lacie 120GB drive is
$90, and you can get a 1TB drive for $140.  Not spending the extra $50
is a false economy.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv