From: Rupert <rup...@fatgirlinohio.org>
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] possible work around - no fire wire?
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 10:59 AM

      Yes, you can capture video from tape to the hard drive via the

computer.   But you can't connect the camera directly to the hard drive.

Or if you have a tapeless camera, you can store its files on the hard

drive, via the computer.

But if you can afford you probably want to get a bigger drive than

120GB - that sounds a lot, but with video (particularly HD) it will

fill up quite quickly.  I see on Amazon.com a Lacie 120GB drive is

$90, and you can get a 1TB drive for $140.  Not spending the extra $50

is a false economy.

Rupert

http://twittervlog. tv