Crikey.  That's not a happy story.  Hadn't really thought about just
getting an account deleted at Blip without warning, the way they do at
YouTube.

I do periodically worry about what would happen if Blip suddenly shut
down - in terms of ensuring everything is backed up and replaced.  I
could host everything myself - I have 'unlimited' hosting space and
bandwidth with Dreamhost, not that I need it.  Although I estimate
that Twittervlog has streamed about 2-3 terabytes via Blip in the last
couple of years.  For free.  Thanks, Blip!  YouTube and Ovi have both
had to transfer even more than that.   Crikey.  Gives you pause for
thought.  What's the carbon footprint of 10TB of data transferred over
standard DSL connections, and half a million 2-3 minute videos watched
on computers? That's like 2 years of non-stop video watching.

I wonder how long these days of free bandwidth and free storage of
huge media files will last.  How sustainable are all these free video
sites?  That reminds me that I shut down my first videoblog in 2005
because I got scared that the bandwidth bills were going to be too
high after I started to get a few hundred views.  Excesses were
charged per MB.   A lot has changed in a short time.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv