Ahh right. The difference is that in his original statement Jobs was only
making a point about potential theora patent woes, which quite rightly could be
dismissed as FUD. But in Jobs later email reply to the open letter, he actually
states that there is actually something going on with this, that patent-holders
are actually moving towards throwing a patent spanner at theora. I consider
this a significant development, though of course we have to wait until these
patent-holders make their move to be sure.

Cheers

Steve