From: Randal Baier <rba...@emich.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:29:27 -0400
To: "videolib@lists.berkeley.edu" <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] Do your institutions have video studios in their
library/libraries?

I'm interested in knowing how many of you have video production studios in your
libraries. Either live recording facilities or editing/post production
facilities.

Could you please give me some idea of the kinds of projects you work on, what
you interaction is with campus faculty and a general idea of the mission?

We *do* have such a studio; it needs some upgrading but it is a nice facility.
But we are reviewing it's overall purpose given recent directions in media
making, and I'd like to get some comparative information from other colleagues
about their sites.

Even if some of you do not have a studio but have some opinions about the role
of libraries in producing video/electronic media -- I'd like to get your input.
Feel free to reply here if you think it is of group interest or reply to me off
list and I can summarize later.

Cheers,
Randal Baier
Eastern Michigan University