From: "Alex Peterson" <a...@mediaed.org>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:44:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Videolib] multicultural film series on the them of "Veteran"

Hi Randy,

Your question about the documentary film about an Iraq War veteran working with
Iraqi-American community college students didn't spark anything for me in terms
of a documentary film -- but I wonder if your colleague is remembering instead
a radio piece? This American Life did a wonderful story on this topic :

" Sam Slaven is an Iraq War veteran who came home from the War plagued by
feelings of hate and anger toward Muslims. This American Life producer Lisa
Pollak tells the story of the unusual action Sam took to change himself, and
the Muslim students who helped him do it. (34 minutes)"

This story, part of the episode "The Devil in Me", originally aired 09.07.2007.

You can listen to it here:
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/340/the-devil-in-me It's
a great episode -- I remembering listening to it when it originally aired.

Best,
Alex

Alexandra Peterson | Marketing Coordinator
Media Education Foundation
60 Masonic Street | Northampton, MA 01060
TEL: 413.584.8500 x2205 | FAX: 413.586.8398

Find MEF on Facebook , Twitter , and YouTube !