From the POV of a producer/distributor, I'd don't think its unreasonable at all to expect an institution to pay a much higher price than an individual. For me, the cost of the physical DVD is next to nothing - I'm selling the intellectual content that's encoded on the disk. If a home viewer buys a DVD, my expectation is that s/he will view it once or twice. On the other hand, if a school or library buys it, the potential use is exponential.

I've tried tiered pricing, with the institutional price set at about 3x that of the home viewing version. Despite Terms of Use statements, disclaimers, etc. everyone opts for the "home viewing" option. If I'm not willing or able to enforce the policy, I don't have any choice but to offer single-tier only pricing.

Rich Hawksworth
Media Rich Learning